Friday, August 27, 2010

Seagulls

I have this friend that does not have good luck with seagulls at the beach.  I have not used his name in this poem as it might embarrace him.


I was with my girlfriend
One day down on the beach
When a flock of seagulls
Flew just beyond our reach
At first we didn’t see them
Then all at once one swooped
And when he was right above us
That nasty bird just pooped
It splattered on my forehead
It splattered on my shirt
It splattered on my self esteem
The embarrassment sure hurt
And then the very next day
Down on that same old beach
Again I saw the seagulls
Again I heard their screech
Again one flew right at us
Again one’s bowels let go
Again my shirt was soiled
My last clean one you know
So now when we go to the shore
I bring along three shirts or more
And when I see those fricken birds
I duck for cover from those turds

Mdailey 8/26/10

No comments:

Post a Comment