Sunday, August 15, 2010

Menopause Prayer

The discussion on menopause last evening left one gentleman to challenge me to write another poem on the subject.  It was supposed to be about hot chicks but it took a different turn right from the start.


Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord for no more heat
For if it comes, I’ll be awake
I pray the Lord, don’t make me bake
I’ll even get down on my knees
And pray the Lord “Lord, pretty please”
Please don’t turn my furnace on
My flesh is weak, my patience’s gone
I haven’t had a good night’s sleep
Since menopause turned on the heat
And it’s no good Lord, counting sheep
If into fire, Lord they leap
So Lord, please grant me this request
And take this fire from my chest
Let someone else be thusly blessed
And let me finally get some rest

Amen

Mdailey 8/15/10

No comments:

Post a Comment