Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memorial Day Tribute

I wrote another Memorial Day poem this week.  With Memorial Day coming up on Monday, I thought I would post 4 or 5 of my Memorial Day poems in hopes that all of you would read them, share them with friends, and think about your own family and how it has been impacted by soldiers through out its history.  Please let me know what you think of any of the poems.

Mike


Memorial Day


On Memorial Day
When flags are unfurled
And families are gathered
All over the world
To honor the soldiers
That laid down their lives
Our brothers, our sisters
Our husbands, our wives
So freedom could flourish
And liberty reign
A day we should nourish
And need never explain
Stand proud for the Air Force
The Navy, the Corps
The Army, the Coast Guard
Who’ve all gone to war
And for all of our soldiers
Still standing to serve
For this is the day
They so richly deserve

Mdailey 5/26/10

No comments:

Post a Comment