Thursday, May 27, 2010

To Touch a Fallen Comrade

I had this first line in my head one evening and could not get it out.  When that happens, I have to work my way through a lot of thoughts until I come up with something that I can put down on paper that lets me get the first lines out of my head.

To touch a fallen comrade and find his life line strong
Will form a lasting bond that lingers on and on
You’ll find your heart is beating as if it’s lost in song
To touch a fallen comrade and find his life line strong
But


To touch a fallen comrade and find his life is gone
To be there as he passes into the great beyond
You’ll find your heart is beating but something feels all wrong
To touch a fallen comrade and find his life is gone
So


Let’s say a prayer for soldiers so they can all hold on
And maybe prayers will help them when everything goes wrong
You’ll find your heart is beating and keeping spirits strong
Let’s say a prayer for soldiers before they all are gone


Let us all now bow our heads
Or go down on bended knee
And pray our Lord will grant us
This soldier’s fervent plea
Lord, keep your eye on soldiers
Wherever they might be
Fighting for their country
Setting people free
Guide their hands and hearts Lord
So they can follow thee
Lord, touch these fallen comrades
And give them heaven’s key
Keep your eyes on soldiers
Wherever they might be

Mdailey     04/27/09

No comments:

Post a Comment