Friday, May 21, 2010

National Burger Days

This became my first paying poem when the corporate management at Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffett's resturant chain) read it on Jimmy's facebook and offered me a free lunch.  It ended up being lunch for both Pat and I and a couple of free T-shirts thrown in on-the-house.


“I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today”
Lettuce, pickle, mustard or have it your own way
It’s hamburgers I’m craving; it’s hamburgers I seek
And not because I just found out, it’s National Burger Week
No I just crave a hot one; one right off the grill
In a bun so soft and tender, it makes my taste buds thrill
Be it Cheeseburger in Paradise or plain old Mickey D’s
I’ll take it any way it’s served; I’m a burger devotee

I checked and I’m mistaken; I got the tribute wrong
It doesn’t start until this May and lasts the whole month long

Mdailey 4/13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment