Monday, February 8, 2010

Menopause Jewelry

This is one of those times when the gift is not appreciated in the same vein that it was given.  This was not a true story (at least it did not happen to me) but I liked the story and so decided to put it into rhyme.  Let me know if you like it.


My husband was unhappy
With my mood swings (large and growing)
So he bought for me a mood ring,
His affection clearly showing
He said this would allow him
To see the mood I’m in
And then to act accordingly;
That was so kind of him
He discovered that a good mood
Would make the ring turn green
But a bad mood left a frickin mark
On his forehead big and mean
I think he learned his lesson;
He learned it pretty fast
Next time he’ll buy me diamonds.
My husband – my dumb ass!

mdailey  (I don't remember exactly when this was written)

No comments:

Post a Comment