Friday, March 5, 2010

Land of Enchantment

I lived in New Mexico in the late 70's but my wife grew up in Alburquerque.  We still have relatives in Farmington and love to visit when we can. 


I’ve lived in the land of enchantment
With enchantment I’ve had my share
Tell Gabriel when he comes calling
Don’t bother, he’s already there

There are mountains and valleys and foothills
Sunshine or snow on the peak
You can do most anything that you like
On any old day of the week


When the Rio Grande has water
There is boating to be had
And then when it goes bone dry
The scenery ain’t that bad


The Sandia slopes go crimson
When the sun decides to set
Then the valley lights start glowing
They’re the best sights you will get


There are Indians and cowboys
And folks from everywhere
Then in the fall comes festivals
And balloons just fill the air


From ancient cliff-side dwellings
Shiprock and reservations
History is there to see
Of fabled Indian nations


Yes, I’ve spent some time in paradise
In this magical southwest state
And when Gabriel comes a calling
Tell him he’s come too late


For I’ve lived in the land of enchantment
With enchantment I’ve had my share
Tell Gabriel when he comes calling
Don’t bother, he’s already there

Mdailey 01/28/10

2 comments:

  1. We lived in Albuquerque for 21 years & left in 2008. Born & raised in Fla. but NM will always be home.

    ReplyDelete